Collective Exhibition Programme
OPEN CALL for Exhibition Proposals
Join us as we come together to create a new collective exhibition programme:
- Celebrating the fantastic wealth of talent in the Morecambe Bay Area; putting local artists in the spotlight
- Providing regular FREE access for all ages and abilities to a diverse range of art and creative disciplines
- Capturing imaginations and inspiring lifestyles
- Bringing people together and building community through art
2021 has seen some fantastic collaborative exhibitions to date from Creativity is Contagious, Creative Exchange and a Summer Auction together showcasing over 100 works of locally made art. Prior to that we developed our much loved Second Saturday Programme which featured monthly exhibitions of 45 different local artists over the years each delivering a workshop alongside a solo exhibition. Our departure from West Street has see us bring all our activities under one roof including artist studios, workshops, projects and exhibitions based in Morecambe Arndale.
Moving in to the next stage of our exhibition programming we are inviting aspiring members of the Good Things Collective and resident artists based in the Good Things Studio to have an exhibition of your work in our gallery based in the Arndale. We are open to exhibition proposals from individual artists or collaborative exhibition proposals that you plan on leading. As a collective we will work together and can offer mentoring and support where needed so please get in touch if you are nervous or apprenhensive - we'd love to work with you to make this happen!
Support might include, but is not limited to:
- Support taking professional photography of your work
- Assistance creating an artist bio and writing about your work
- Help planning and curating your exhibition
- The collective are ready to be called upon to help in any other way you might need!
What you'll get out of it:
- Experience of having your own exhibiton
- Opportunity to build your portfolio and CV as an artist
- Exposure and access to our growing network through social media, mailing list and community of followers
- Opportunity to sell via our online shop
- Chance to meet and work with other artists in the area
- Option to deliver an artist-led, community workshop to accompany your exhibition
Apply to have your own exhibition:
Get in touch if you'd like to share your creativity with the world. We are open for applications from aspiring Good Things Collective members (including collaborative proposals) and members of our studio.